Now that Google+ is over the 6 month hump, there have been many growth opportunities for business owners while using this platform. From creating hangout where you can show someone how to cook, to music or art lessons via hangouts, or even interviews via hangouts, business owners have found many ways to monetize their efforts on Google+.
Hangouts are definitely a great way to find a perfect customer. Remember, just as you may take time to find your perfect match when it comes to love, the same is true when it comes to finding your perfect customers. Just like many want to celebrate Valentines day, you should want to celebrate finding the perfect customers using my CER Method. The CER Method comes into play when you as a business owner plan to use Google+ in Connecting, Engaging, and Relating to your perfect target customer.
In an article by Michael Fortin entitled “How to Target Your Perfect Customer“, he said…
If you have done enough research to know your product is viable, then targeting and connecting with your market as much as possible should be the obvious next step. However, this is where many marketers fail, for they are trying to be “all things to all people” and attempt to market their product to everyone.
Instead, try to discover the qualities, characteristics and behavioral patterns of your specific (or greatest) market. Your niche. Then market to that audience more than any other and as often as possible. These usually fall into four main categories.
Michael said it perfectly when he stated that you should discover the qualities, characteristics and behavioral patterns of your target market. This leads into the explanation about the CER Method.
- In Connecting with your target customers, remember that you need to research on Google+ in order to find them. You can do this by using the Search bar at the top to help you find people who are discussing your niche. Once you have done your research, and found your potential customers, adding them to your Circle will signify your desire to Connect. Do it!
- The next step involves taking the connection to the NEXT level by Engaging with the people you have connected with. You can engage by showing them that you like the content that they have shared by +1ing it (click the +1 in the lower left corner of the post). Or you can engage them by commenting on their post or resharing their post.
- Once you start Connecting, then Engaging, now you can start building a Relationship with those that you want to connect with. You do this by hanging out with them or just continuing to engage with them regarding their content and asking them what they think about your content.
To help you do this, I want to encourage you with 7 simple activities you can start right now. So now comes the easy part where you get to participate in finding your perfect customer using the CER Method on Google+, you get to do fun activities. YEAH! Below are a list of things that can assist you in finding your perfect customers using Google+ in these 7 simple steps:
- Signup for Google+
- Edit your personal profile to create buzz around you and your business (check mine out for reference: http://plus.ly/kimbeasley)
- Create a business page
- Research and find 10 industry experts in your niche that you can use the CER method with
- Find 25 people who talk about your niche on Google+ then implement the CER Method
- Share relevant information pertaining to your niche
- Have fun participating in hangouts where you can connect with your target customers
Kim Beasley’s COIN Membership Program
will allow you to learn various techniques that will keep
your prospective Buyers curious, informed and engaged!